DOE's Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) has designed the IT Acquisition: Enterprise-Wide Agreement (EWA) Program to develop and implement policies and procedures that support the identification, acquisition, oversight and compliance of enterprise licenses. EWAs are Department-wide acquisitions of widely used commercial software. The EWA Program has two core objectives to achieve the Program mission :
- Maximizing IT buying power and reducing total cost of ownership;
- Streamlining the IT total acquisition lifecycle.
The EWA Program applies a centralized, cross-functional, strategic enterprise software solutions approach. The EWA Program leverages opportunities to create efficiencies and enhances the value of IT acquisition. Benefits of the program include:
- Reducing duplicative enterprise-wide IT components.
- Promoting technical standardization.
- Increasing IT contract administration efficiencies.
Improving knowledge-sharing of IT acquisition best practices.
List of Current Enterprise-Wide Agreements (PDF- 93 kb)