This mission of this office is to cultivate business partnerships with Program and Staff Offices (PSO) within the Department to define and design HCM implementation strategies concomitant with Departmental mission, goals, and objectives that support human capital. These partnerships serve to ensure that human capital management strategy and policy are constructively integrated within the broad missions, goals, and objectives of Departmental elements while assuring compliance with applicable existing and new laws, legislation and policies.
- Support HCM programs and projects related to workforce and performance management, learning and development, and human capital resource management;
- Support programs and projects with other human capital/human resource organizations to provide leadership, guidance, support, coordination and oversight in cross-cutting human capital strategies and initiatives;
- Provide liaison and coordination for partnerships and participation with professional human capital organizations and societies within and outside of government;
- Develop and maintain partnerships and relationships with internal employee groups and external national associations and professional organizations relating to the accomplishment of the HCM strategic goals of the Department;
- Develop HCM strategies, tools and innovations for improving management excellence within the Department and for achieving short and long-term human capital needs of the Department;
- Develop, implement, and manage customized, innovative programs aimed at fulfilling the HCM needs of our business partners; and
- Interpret Departmental Orders, Directives, guidance and regulations and provide input into Departmental strategies, policies and programs to address DOE human capital needs.