The mission of the Performance and Budget Staff (HC-1.2) is to support the effective and efficient implementation of human capital initiatives and functions, in line with the missions and goals of the Department of Energy, through the strategic integration of human capital performance metrics and the budget of the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer (HC).
Performance measurement and strategic functions at the HC, DOE, and interagency levels include:
- Provides analytical support and consultative advice to the Chief Human Capital Officer, Departmental Senior Management and partner agencies on the appropriate and effective use of performance metrics as a key to effective strategic human capital management.
- Managing, overseeing, facilitating, and implementing strategic human capital initiatives that support cross-cutting human capital reinvention, reengineering, and business process improvement.
- Works in conjunction with the Department's Performance Improvement Officer, the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, and other Departmental organizational elements, to lead and coordinate executive level work groups within the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer and among the Department's Human Resources Directors to develop and address human capital performance metrics and budget issues.
- Develops, implements, and oversees the Quality Assurance and organizational performance assessment functions for the HC organization. Leads, conducts, and participates in Quality Assurance evaluations and assessments to provide periodic findings of progress/completion, trend analysis, and recommendations for corrective action where deficiencies are identified.
- Serves on and represents DOE/HC in intergovernmental working groups and committees responsible for developing strategies and implementation plans for government-wide human capital initiatives.
- Collaborates with the Workforce Analysis & Planning Division (HC-12) to support the strategic use of human capital data analysis and performance metrics.
Financial and resource management functions within the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer (HC) organization include:
- Directs planning, oversight, integration, and management of HC financial and staff resources to include: budget development, integration, and execution; accounting; and staffing and resource allocation.
- Leads acquisition/procurement and contract management.
- Provides oversight for the portfolio of HC-related Working Capital Fund business lines.
- Advises and assists on all budgetary/resource policy and program issues impacting HC and its customers.
- Collaborates with the Administrative Management Staff (HC-1.5) to ensure integration of financial and staff resources with administrative and support systems for HC.