This organization provides a full range of human capital management (HCM) operational functions, employee work life programs, workforce service delivery, and day-to-day operational support for Headquarters in the competitive, excepted and senior executive services and for political and presidential appointees and senior executives in Headquarters and the field.
- Deliver employment operational and advisory services, including position management, recruitment, staffing and classification, and reduction in force at Headquarters. Provide operational and advisory support for competitive sourcing initiatives and impacted serviced population.
- Provide labor/employee management relations advisory services to Headquarters staff, including union negotiations, adverse actions, grievances, and performance management. Represent management in third-party situations or union negotiations.
- Provide operational and advisory executive resources services to headquarters and field components, including political appointees. Provide transition support and the full range of human resources support to the immediate Office of the Secretary. Provide operational support to the Departmental Executive Resources and Performance Review Boards.
- Administer the Senior Executive Service and DOE Headquarters performance management systems and recognition/awards programs.
- Provide work-life information, referral, and support services to Headquarters employees covering such areas as childcare, elder care, employee assistance programs, health and wellness, career transition, and accessibility programs for people with disabilities.
- Provide information on employee benefit programs (retirement; health, dental, vision, long-term care, and life insurance; thrift savings plans; flexible spending accounts; the transit subsidy program; and annual leave, sick leave, and long-term care through individual consultation, new employee orientation, and exit interviews.
- Develop and implement the Departmental substance abuse program.
- Deliver a range of human resources personnel processing functions, including processing actions, OPF maintenance, security clearances, and payroll interface.