DOE Order 451.1B, National Environmental Compliance Program, Section 4.d, requires that an annual NEPA planning summary will describe briefly: (1) the status of ongoing NEPA compliance activities, (2) any environmental assessments expected to be prepared in the next 12 months, (3) any environmental impact statements expected to be prepared in the next 24 months, and (4) the planned cost and schedule for completion of each NEPA review identified. Additionally, every 3 years [starting with 1995], each Field Organization must include an evaluation of whether a site-wide environmental impact statement would facilitate future NEPA compliance efforts.
DOE Order 451.1B, Section 5.a.(7), requires that each Secretarial Officer and Head of a Field Organization shall, for matters under the office's purview, submit an annual NEPA planning summary to the General Counsel by January 31 of each year and make it available to the public. The attached is informal guidance for preparing and submitting the annual NEPA planning summaries. Also attached is the electronic form for preparing the report (updated version December 2012).
Preparation of Annual Planning Summaries
- The 2013 Reminder Letter from the General Counsel (December 7, 2012).
- The Annual NEPA Planning Summary Report Template is provided to facilitate report preparation.
- For guidance on preparing Annual Planning Summaries, see the Memorandum for Annual National Environmental Policy Act Summaries.
Annual Planning Summaries By Year
- 2013 Annual Planning Summaries
- 2012 Annual Planning Summaries
- 2011 Annual Planning Summaries
- 2010 Annual Planning Summaries